You can run VisualDiffer directly from OSX Finder, selecting two files or two folders.
You don’t need to run VisualDiffer then select items to compare, if you are on Finder do that from it
Add to Finder context menu (under Services) a new menu item to allow files and folders comparison.
- On Lion or above double click on “Compare with VisualDiffer.workflow” file
- On Snow Leopard you must copy manually the file
Compare with VisualDiffer.workflowinside the directory
/Users/your account name/Library/Services. If the directory
Servicesdoesn’t exist you must create it
More details about installation are available here
- When elements to compare are both visible on Finder window simply select the two files or folders and choose “Compare with VisualDiffer” from service menu
- When elements to compare are on different folders
- select first element from Finder and click on the service menu item
- browse to second element and again click on the service menu item
- the comparison will start
If you have more Finder windows visible first element can be selected using menu item from first window and second from another Finder window